Meet the 2021 Summer Social Media Intern Class

This summer time, Swimming World labored with 16 social media interns on Swimming World and ISHOF social media accounts.  They have been doing a improbable job of participating with our followers, posting well timed content material for Olympic Trials and the Tokyo Games, in addition to creating their very own authentic content material all summer time lengthy.  Get to know our vivid, motivated, gifted interns and their lives exterior social media!
*Please e-mail Brandi West at [email protected] should you’re desirous about turning into a social media, graphic design, or journalism intern for us this upcoming college yr!
Carli Baldwin
Carli Baldwin is a junior at New Mexico State University in Las Cruces, New Mexico, majoring in Marketing and Management with minors in Sports Marketing and Business Law. She grew up swimming in the Southern California area and has excelled in dash backstroke, freestyle, and butterfly occasions. Carli enjoys racing the 100 IM and needs that it will be an occasion that was extra continuously swam in school. Inside and out of doors of the pool, Carli has a ardour for sports activities and could be seen watching her favourite sporting occasions, reminiscent of baseball, whereas consuming iced espresso or snacking on some Chick-fil-A.

Mary Kate Reicherter
Mary Kate, or MK, Reicherter is ending up her freshman yr swimming at Indiana University in the Big Ten Conference She is majoring in Marketing with a co-major in Digital and Social Media Business Applications from the Kelley School of Business. She is from Arlington, Virginia and spent 13 years swimming competitively in the Potomac Valley. She has expertise working the staff Instagrams for her highschool and summer time league groups, and is presently a member of the Indiana Swim & Dive Social Media Committee. She enjoys drawing, listening to music, amassing vinyls, and going to live shows!

Juliana Santamauro
Juliana Santamauro, higher often called Jules, is a rising junior at the Savannah College of Art and Design. She is learning movie and tv manufacturing with a spotlight in enhancing and sound design. Jules grew up in Howell, New Jersey however has taken her passions of swimming and filmmaking down south to Georgia. She swims for the BlueGrass Mountain Conference and partakes in occasions reminiscent of the 100 and 200 fly and jokes she’s “all the pieces however a breastroker”. Jules has a ardour for after apply Dunkin runs in addition to writing tales and music, watching Marvel films, and making vlogs together with her teammates/shut buddies. 

Kate Walter
Kate Walter is a rising freshman at Northwestern University, the place she’s going to examine journalism at the Medill School. She is from the Washington, D.C. space and graduated from Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart (Katie Ledecky’s alma mater!), the place she swam, ran cross county and served as editor for her college newspaper. Kate has been a Swimming World Magazine journalism and social media intern for the previous three summers.

Liliana Schone
Liliana Schone is a rising senior at Langley High School in Mclean, Virginia. She has spent the previous 12 years swimming competitively for Machine Aquatics in the Potomac Valley. Liliana has expertise managing social media and advertising and marketing for her household bakery enterprise, Schone’s Scones. She additionally has expertise utilizing photoshop for quite a lot of graphic design initiatives. In her free time, she likes to spend time together with her household, buddies, and coach for her native swim membership! 

Madilyn Sindelar
Madilyn Sindelar is a rising senior at the University of South Dakota in Vermillion, South Dakota. She is majoring in strategic communication and minoring in social media advertising and marketing and tourism and hospitality. Madilyn involves South Dakota from Rocklin, California the place she fell in love with swimming and storytelling. She is an throughout sprinter and specializes on the 100 fly, 100 free, 50 free and extra just lately the 100 i.m. plus relays. Madilyn loves spending time together with her family and friends and could be discovered writing for her college paper The Volante or at the nearest espresso store. One day she hopes to work in advertising and marketing and promotions for an athletic division. 

Julia Ribeiro
Julia Ribeiro, is a rising senior at the University of West Florida in Pensacola, Florida. She is majoring in Communication, double minoring in Sports Management and Sports Psychology, in addition to pursuing a certificates in Digital Marketing. Julia is from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and he or she has been swimming the previous 13 years of her life. In the pool, her ardour has at all times been distance free occasions. Her favourite occasion is the 800M freestyle.  Outside of the pool, yow will discover her consuming espresso and learning at the UWF Library. She additionally enjoys going to the seashore with buddies. She has finished a number of multimedia initiatives for UWF Athletics and UWF Swim & Dive social media. 

Emily Dattilo
Emily Dattilo is a senior at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. She is majoring in psychology and journalism and minoring in inventive writing. Originally from Illinois, Emily swam competitively from ages 9 to 18, and her favourite occasions have been the 100 breaststroke, 100 freestyle and the medley relay. At Miami, Emily served as a managing editor for her college newspaper and is the present chapter president of The Society of Professional Journalists. In her free time, Emily enjoys listening to music, writing characteristic articles and profiles, consuming iced tea, working and hanging out with family and friends. This fall, she can be attending Columbia University to pursue a Master of Science in Journalism.

McKenna Ehrmantraut
McKenna Ehrmantraut is a latest graduate of the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington, majoring in English and Communications. This fall McKenna is heading throughout the pond to work inside the journey trade in London. She just lately grew to become a swammer however nonetheless has a deep love for the water and lived the distance life with a splash of backstroke. Outside of the swimming world, McKenna likes to journey the world with family and friends and volunteer to assist animals discover their without end properties. 

Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin is a rising Junior at Xavier University in Cincinnati, OH. He is majoring in Marketing with a minor in Finance. Growing up in Madison, Wisconsin, Andrew has been swimming since he was 9 years outdated. He presently swims freestyle occasions, specializing in distance, however has just lately discovered a brand new love for sprinting as effectively! Whether or not it’s the 200 free relay, or the 1650, so long as it’s freestyle he’ll get pleasure from it! Outside of the pool Andrew enjoys grabbing espresso or meals with buddies, taking part in the piano, and downhill snowboarding. He hopes to pursue an MBA after commencement. 

Jack Donnelly
Jack Donnelly is a senior at The University of Scranton in Scranton, Pennsylvania. He is presently a advertising and marketing main in the Kania School of Management. Prior to attending Scranton, Jack grew up in Bucks County, Pennsylvania and swam for Eastern Express (EEX) the place he gained a powerful curiosity in the sport. In the pool, Jack swims for Scranton in the Landmark Conference and has discovered success in the breaststroke occasions. Outside of swimming, Jack likes to journey, spend time with household and buddies, and revel in the open air. Following commencement, he plans to pursue his MBA with a focus in enterprise analytics.   

Matt Diaz
Matthew Diaz is a sophomore at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia. He is presently pursuing a serious in digital media and journalism with a cognate in video manufacturing, with hopes of mastering in sports activities advertising and marketing. Before attending Liberty, Matt attended highschool in Puerto Rico as a local citizen of the nation. Matt performed soccer for his highschool and Atletico Madrid academy in Puerto Rico. He simply retired from taking part in soccer at the D1 stage for Liberty. Besides pursuing a level in video manufacturing, Matt presently holds the place of head content material creator and head social media supervisor for Liberty Men’s Swim. He additionally manages an internet site for a swim college in PA. Besides making content material for Men’s Swim, Matt has made content material for Womens swim and dive, Women’s Soccer, and Women’s determine skating, together with firms and freelance work. In his free time, Matt likes to run, play choose up soccer and take heed to music. 

Kaleigh Haworth
Kaleigh Haworth is a rising junior pupil and swimmer at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She is a journalism main with a Spanish minor. She grew up swimming in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, the place she additionally labored for her highschool newspaper as a reporter, web page designer and co-editor in chief. In the pool, she swims mid-sprint breaststroke and IM, and in her free time she enjoys watching films, studying and taking walks to native espresso outlets.

Georgia Rudolph
Georgia Rudolph is a senior at Brock University in St. Catharines, Canada. She is learning Media and Communications with a give attention to digital media and political science. In the pool, Georgia competes for the Brock Badgers in the OUA division. She has been swimming competitively since age 15. Georgia makes a speciality of mid-distance freestyle, and her favourite occasion is 400 free (although she loves swimming 50 free and breast, particularly in relays!). Outside of coaching and faculty, Georgia loves spending time together with her pets, biking, and training younger swimmers. 

Suzie Ryan
Suzanne Ryan, higher often called Suzie, is presently learning communications and regulation, majoring in public relations and advertising and marketing at Bond University on the Gold Coast, Australia. In the pool, she is a distance swimmer however typically dabbles in 400 IM. She can also be an avid open water swimmer excelling in the 5km and 10km occasions however loves a great 5km relay together with her teammates. Suzie is presently a be taught to swim trainer and swim coach for the junior squad at Miami, the place she likes to move on her ardour for the water to youthful swimmers. She additionally has expertise in freelancing in advertising and marketing, content material creation, writing and social media administration. Suzie has a ardour for all sports activities, taking part in almost each sport rising up and cherished taking part in footy with the boys. Outside of the swimming world, Suzie can usually be discovered at the seashore hanging with buddies or browsing, travelling the world, studying, working, working or discovering new adventures to go on.

Nathalia Pietrantoni
Nathalia A Pietrantoni is a primary yr at Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in Baltimore Maryland specializing in getting an MBA. Throughout my undergrad and highschool I threw myself into athletics in addition to involving myself additional into how athletes are seen all through campus. Currently I’m a swim teacher and part-time coach at LISS, the place I can gas my ardour for swimming additional! I’ve been an enormous fan of distance swimming ever since my coach threw me into the 1000 free, and in my free time I get pleasure from working, images, music in addition to any new journey obtainable to me! 

https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/meet-the-2021-summer-social-media-intern-class/

Recommended For You